I am often asked a number of questions in relation to the registration of a Private Career College in Ontario and the building of a compliant curriculum. As noted in the previous blog posts there are many areas to action with both the registration and program application.
To ensure that you are set up for success from the beginning consider my eSSential Consultation that will walk you through all the essential components. Not only will the regulatory pieces come to light and provide you with guidance, you will also be informed with the fees you can anticipate and be able to create your business plan.
Here are a number of frequently asked questions that the consultation will cover, however generally each client has a unique set of questions.
- How long will it take to get registered?
- How much does it cost to register a PCC in Ontario?
- What is involved in the registration process?
- Do I need to have my campus location in place before I begin the process?
- How do I calculate the security that I will have to pay?
- What’s involved in getting the pro forma financial statements; how much do they cost?
- Do I have to submit a business plan with my application?
- What’s involved in the Ministry site inspection?
- Do I have to renew my registration each year; what’s involved in the process?
Program Application (Curriculum) Development
- How do I develop a compliant curriculum; can you guarantee my program will be approved by the Superintendent?
- How long will it take for the approval process?
- Can you explain each appendix and what is required?
- What is the difference between an adult education assessor and a subject matter assessor?
- What is the cost in hiring third party assessors; how do I locate assessors for my program?
- What are the instructor qualifications required for teaching my course?
- How do I determine if my program qualifies for a certificate or diploma credential?
- If I have a placement within my program do I have to find placement sites and submit this with my application?
- How do I know how much to charge for the tuition, books, registration or other fees?
- How do I determine the average hours per week and number of weeks for my program?
- Can I accept international students?
- How often do I have to update the curriculum?
All these questions and more form part of my eSSential Consultation and are essential to address in terms of fundamental inquiry questions and your decision process when considering opening a PCC in ON. Each consultation consists of the following elements:
- Initial call to review your goals, timelines and the process of registration and program approval.
- Preparation of a USB key of all required registration and program approval documentation; excel template to build a compliant curriculum.
- Overview of the RICC system and documentation process; timelines for the entry process.
- 2-3 Hour In person or Skype Meeting to review all registration and program approval items with opportunity to ask additional questions.
- Follow-up with supporting responses to new questions and direction for moving forward.
- Insights into the associated fees you can anticipate when registering a PCC in Ontario and program approval including: Ministry fees for registration and program approval; Pro forma financial statement preparation fees; financial security fees based on vocational revenues projected; Third Party Transcript fees; TCAF fund; third party assessment fees; and consulting fees when engaged to register your campus and develop your program.
Do you have a question in regards to registering a new PCC in Ontario or the development of a PCC compliant curriculum? Connect with Dr. Jerry Bishop at 905-906-3706.